Sunday, March 29, 2009

Things that have and are happening.....

So while Tyler and I had family in town this last week, I got a call from a family friend last Sunday asking if I needed her to watch Brig for me while we go and help look for my dad and little brother Tanner. I had NO clue as to what was going on. I tried calling my parents house, my sister Emily, and finally got hold of my brother in law Jason. Apparently my Dad and little brother Tanner had gone on a 3 day hike and never showed up the day before like planned. Oh my gosh is all I could say without busting into tears. I just sat there shaking so bad. I told Tyler and he could see the tears that weren't falling. So I called Amber back and told thanks but no thanks. Finally got hold of my Mom for a few mins while she had reception on her phone. She wanted me to go help watch kids since she didn't need me helping to look. Luckily, Dad got a call through to Mom saying they were all right and that the path they were supposed to be on was hard to get to so they had taken a different trail and ended up at the I-17. Some nice guy was giving them a lift back to where my Mom and 2 sisters and half the guys from their ward were. So all's well that ends well. I told Dad never to scare me like that again. He said he'd try but wasn't making any promises.

So our friends next door are moving this week. Jo and Jeremy and EmmaLee are amazing people, even if Emma likes to scream alot. We're going to miss them alot. It's going to be strange to have new neighbors. I'm going to miss having Emma around all the time and talking with Jo about almost all things under the sun. Jeremy's a good and fun to joke around with so I'm going to miss him as well.

We'll be in Utah this next weekend. Tyler had a mission reunion he would like to go to since the last one was way to stressful while we were there. We'll be staying with my grandpa and step-grandma up there that hasn't met Brig yet but who love the pictures that we have shown. When we told my in laws that we would be going to Utah Conference weekend, my father in law started laughing. He brought up our last trip to Utah. It was 2 years ago and I was 5 months pregnant and had to gotten my insulin pump not to long before. I had flown to Utah ahead of Tyler because he had to work or something like that. He ended up driving up with Jo (also 5 months preg at the time) and Jeremy because his flight was over booked. Couldn't even get on the next morning it was so packed. So while Tyler, Jo, and Jeremy are still 6 hours from Salt Lake, I get admitted to the hospital due to very high blook sugers that wouldn't come down. Turned out that I had hit a point that where I just wasn't getting enough insulin from my pump and had to readjust it. So because of that we never made our flight to Idaho to visit my family up there. Still haven't been there since I've been married (but that's going to change this year---4th of July baby!!!!!).
I told Rick (father in law) that there were 2 differences this year. I'm not pregnant and we're not flying. My dad also pointed out that now I know how to work my insulin pump better now too. So this year should be lots of fun because my sister Jamie will also be in Salt Lake and hopefully staying with Grandpa and Marrdy as well!!!! I can't wait to see her.

4 comments:

Marrdy said...

We are so excited that you're coming. And Jamie better stop by too or your Grandpa will give her head noogies...I think I saw him do that once. Glad your Dad and Tanne are OK and how come no one told us???

Here is the address:
11272 South Alta Peak Rd. which is about 3030 West. If you are on I15 Northbound you can take the Bangerter Hwy exit west and then turn right at 11400 South. Jsut let us know when you will be there!

Marrdy said...

Your Grandpa wanted me to tell you that if you don't make it up this weekend it really is OK. We are expecting a big storm Friday and he is worried about you guys driving up in it. But let us know and we'll do whatever works out!

Marrdy said...

We are sad that you can't make it this weekend. Hopefully everything is OK and we will plan on having you up for visit somtime soon!! Take care, we love you!

Ashleigh and Zebb said...

Tyler-
I found your blog on Lani's. Your family is so cute! looks like you guys are doin good. how's JT doin?
I ran into Kyle LeSuer and Bobbi the other day, they are in my stake, who knew?