Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Merry Jo

Merry Jo is one of my younger sisters. She just graduated high school in May and is dating a wonderful guy named Tommy. I got a text around 530 am today from Merry Jo saying that she had been rushed to the hospital last night but she was going to be okay. She had overian cysts, only recently found that out about 1 1/2 months ago when the first one burst. Well last night she was out with Tommy at a friends house when this one burst. Thankfully her friend is her doctor's niece and her brother is in medical school. Merry Jo passed out and than started throwing everything and anything up. Couldn't breathe because of all the pressure going on inside. Nasty business. The Docter/uncle told them to take her straight to the hospital. It turns out that when this cyst burst, it also ruptured an artery in her stomache. She had 2 liters of blood pumped out of her stomache and was then given 2 liters of new blood. The doctor in the ER told her and my mom and Tommy that if she had been any later, she could had died from the amount of blood in her stomache. SO thankfully, I still have a younger sister named Merry Jo. Brig and I went and saw her for a little bit this morning. She'll be there til sometime tomorrow afternoon.

3 comments:

Marrdy said...

Oh my gosh!! How awful. Guess we better be making some phone calls tonight!

Photography By Jo said...

WOW! Someone was looking after her! That made me want to cry! Poor girl.

David, Traci, and Jordin Morris said...

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Mary Jo gets better quick. Will she be able to have children, if she wants some?