Saturday, June 6, 2009

A day in the kitchen

So yesterday I had most of my family over. My mom, Emily and Kambri. Damon, Tanner, and Jedera. Mom came to teach me how to make bread the correct way even though I have the recipe, though no one makes it like she does. I can say it turned out delicious. But off story. The kids came along to swim and Emily took Kambri into the pool as well. I can honestly say that Emily looks better in my swim suits while pregnant than I do. Which is good for her and a little depressing for me but its in the works to fit them all!!! Kambri didn't like the pool all that much but she loved looking down at everyone from the balcony over looking the pool. Brig was hanging on for dear life to Tanner. Thank good Tanner is a good uncle and loves his nephew. So Mom and everyone left around 430 pm. Tyler was on the phone setting up a job interview with Chase Bank (keep your fingers crossed!!!) so he didn't get to say good-bye. Any ways, I was taking out the bread shortly after that when Brig came into the kitchen. I told him Hot! Don't touch! I guess he thought I was talking about the oven door because he tried to push in the oven rack with his bare hand. Oh how he cried and I felt terrible. I wanted to cry too. So I ran his hand under cold water and than some aloe. Also some baby Tylenol because I didn't have anything else for him. I gave him an ice pack too. He thought that was great fun! He stopped crying and kept putting it on his head or in his mouth. I looked at his hand this morning, it wasn't to pretty. His right hand has some nasty blisters on it. 2 fingers and the pad of his hand between the 2. Today there was an occasional ouch but he didn't seem to notice it very much at all. I love my son. Its amazing how fast time is going. He'll be 2 in August and he still loves to cuddle with me like when he was born.

2 comments:

Photography By Jo said...

Don't feel bad... it happens often with kids! I hope it heals quickly. At least you know he will never do it again!!! ;)

Marrdy said...

Poor Brig. Give him a hug from us.